BBO Discussion Forums: TD privileges pulled, nobody answering at BBO? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TD privileges pulled, nobody answering at BBO?

#1 User is offline   paynterf 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-20, 14:35

With the support of many players in my local COBA (Central Ohio Bridge Association) group, I created an experimental tournament to see if we could start our own 'Invitational' tournament. At the last minute (literally) I discovered that my carefully constructed 'Include' list wasn't being honored by the BBO software, and many COBA members were not able to register -they received the 'Blocked...' message from BBO. As a workaround I was forced to open the tournament up to anyone, which resulted in players from all over the world flooding in and rapidly filling up my very small (40) player limit. Moreover, these new players didn't understand that the tournament was an experimental first effort, and one of them took umbrage at my poor (actually non-existent, as I didn't know what I was doing on this first effort) TD skills and CANCELLED THE TOURNAMENT, even though it wasn't his/her tournament to start with. In addition, I no longer have the 'Director' tab on my account, so [this person] must have done this as well.

Since this happened, I have emailed support@bbo.com repeatedly to explain the situation and get ourselves going again, all to no avail. In the meantime, our central Ohio bridge community is left with no way to play, except in the EBU tournament or in the ridiculously over-subscribed ACBL Support your club tournament (which maxes out within a few minutes of opening).

Anyone out there know how a random BBO user can cancel someone else's tournament, and how I might get Director privileges back so I can help our 100+ online COBA members play bridge again?

TIA,

Frank

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2020-April-26, 02:19

#2 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-20, 16:17

She’s not a random user. She’s a long-standing and well respected member of BBO’s staff, all of whom are doing a great job in difficult circumstances.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#3 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-March-20, 16:32

Frank

BBO is under enormous strain at the moment, both wrt the load being imposed on the servers and the demands being placed on the volunteers and employees who make it run.

While I understand your desire to help folks in Ohio, now is probably not the time to experimenting with creating tournaments, especially if your not experienced with this.
Alderaan delenda est

#4 User is offline   Trick13 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-March-21, 00:27

I also briefly ran an experimental tournament yesterday and found members were blocked. I quickly recreated the tournament and they could log in. I concluded that you needed to have your include list finalised before you created the tournament.

#5 User is offline   redfish32 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-April-04, 13:04

I had the exact same happening yesterday including the malfunctioning "Include" list some rude person came and deleted our tournament with about two rounds to go, no warning no explanation, nada.Since we were playing a very interesting hand my partner and I were totally ticked off. I will not publishe the name of this person but if he too is a BBO staffer he should be removed ASAP. I need to get my director status back which I have had by the way since almost the inception of BBO.

#6 User is offline   Sir John D 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-April-07, 11:28

I had problems with Users being able to register. So, I do three things and they may help you:

1 I change the RELATIONSHIP of the User to FOLLOW as this will help to find them, later

2 I add the User to the CUSTOM LIST for my tournaments

3 After I have added the User to my Custom List, I do something to modify the tournament. It doesn't matter what I do, and I tend to add or subtract a minute from the start time. The point is to do something to modify the tournament. It seems to help the new User who has been added to the Custom List to be recognised by the computer/tournament

Keep safe

#7 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-26, 02:13

View PostTrick13, on 2020-March-21, 00:27, said:

I also briefly ran an experimental tournament yesterday and found members were blocked. I quickly recreated the tournament and they could log in. I concluded that you needed to have your include list finalised before you created the tournament.

A fine point - after you added the members to the list (I suggest Followeds of Host is most convenient to manage), just modify the tourney a little to use the most current list, eg, add a space to the Description

#8 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-26, 03:39

View Post0 carbon, on 2020-April-26, 02:13, said:

A fine point - after you added the members to the list (I suggest Followeds of Host is most convenient to manage), just modify the tourney a little to use the most current list, eg, add a space to the Description

I think it is sufficient to just hit modify, even without making any change.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users