Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Replaying Hands a great learning tool

#1 User is offline   skiborder 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-October-17, 10:53

Having the ability after a robot tournament or the insta tournaments to replay the hands would be so helpful sometimes. You can follow the gib to find the first error you made but then it ends. You can't see what would happen if you took that move but still aren't getting the most that is achievable. Also sometimes you need to replay a hand a few times to catch a concept that is one level above what you see. Sometimes i stare at the gib best play and still don't get it where i think if i could play it through i could get a grasp on it. Even on the bidding vs play and defense, it would be great to see what happens if u try to change yr bidding a bit. Sometimes you can find other players in the tournament that made that move but not always. And it seems a replay ability would be so easy to program, even if it just copied a hand to another spot and let the bot play it from there.

Thanks,
john (skiborder)

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-October-17, 11:27

View Postskiborder, on 2022-October-17, 10:53, said:

Having the ability after a robot tournament or the insta tournaments to replay the hands would be so helpful sometimes. You can follow the gib to find the first error you made but then it ends. You can't see what would happen if you took that move but still aren't getting the most that is achievable. Also sometimes you need to replay a hand a few times to catch a concept that is one level above what you see. Sometimes i stare at the gib best play and still don't get it where i think if i could play it through i could get a grasp on it. Even on the bidding vs play and defense, it would be great to see what happens if u try to change yr bidding a bit. Sometimes you can find other players in the tournament that made that move but not always. And it seems a replay ability would be so easy to program, even if it just copied a hand to another spot and let the bot play it from there.

Thanks,
john (skiborder)

You can do this:

Start a teaching table, and sit in one of the seats (probably South, to clone the robot tourney experience)
Click History -> Recent tournaments, and find the hand you want to replay
Click Export deal -> Upload deal to table
This uploads the deal to your table and you can replay it with robots.
Disclaimer, renting robots for practice costs a small amount per week (I think it's close to 2 BB$ / week nowadays).

#3 User is offline   thorvald 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-October-17, 17:13

Thanks,
john (skiborder)

Install BBOHelper, then you can select the deal and export it directly to BBO Solver (Using Ald-D), where you can play the hand getting direct feedback with the available number of tricks
Thorvald Aagaard
Mobile : +45 22 99 55 25
http://www.netbridge.dk
http://www.thorvald.dk

#4 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-20, 20:54

Thanks,
john (skiborder)

I wouldn't microanalyse your play with GiB that much - it may not work against anyone else - but yes, some mechanisms to make it easier to look at the occasional problem hand would be good :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users