Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Number of signons Number of signons displayed in user profile

#1 User is offline   slipp2000 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-April-12, 15:13

There should be an option to not display the number of signons in a user profile. This information is not relevant to other users.

#2 User is offline   morecharac 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Cyclothymic dilettantism

Posted 2021-April-12, 20:57

View Postslipp2000, on 2021-April-12, 15:13, said:

There should be an option to not display the number of signons in a user profile. This information is not relevant to other users.

I find it good for a laugh when some self-declared expert has thousands of logins and can't even manage to match the number beside my name.

Saw one recently who was giving her partner guff for doing a preëmptive raise with a weak hand and five-card support for her overcall. She believed he could show his two-suiter by bidding at the 2 level.

#3 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-April-13, 09:17

I think that information is very relevant. If I see someone with 50 logins, I know I should probably cut them a little slack when it comes to breaches of the (unwritten) proprieties involved in internet conversation or internet bridge. If I see someone with 1000, then they're being deliberately obnoxious or "rules for thee (perhaps not for me)", and I can deal with them that way.

Not sure why anyone would care, though. (Of course, I am now going to be educated about all the "-ing n00bs" comments we're getting from all the Counterstrikers who have joined BBO in the last year.) Especially as my profile has a different statistic that is if anything more important than login count (hint: when I first logged into BBO, there were 5 people in the lobby).
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users