Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tournament chat stops working It is me?

#1 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-18, 10:30

I don't run many tournaments and use the latest HTML client to do so. I am on Windows 10 using the latest Chrome release.

At the start of the tournament I make many announcements to the tournament. Halfway through the 12-board event, so approximately 45 minutes later, I found that my chats to the tournament are not being sent. I enter the message, click chat or enter, but they do not appear in my chat window and are not sent to the tournament participants; they just disappear. I can chat to tables and individual players without a problem. This state persists until I log out and log back in (without closing the window).

After sending a couple more tournament chats it stops working again.

This has happened for both my last two tournaments.

It is an irritation but I wondered if anyone else had seen this.

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-18, 15:09

I use the same software as you. I have luckily not seen this as director, but last friday evening I experienced something similar when playing a teams tournament: my chat to table did not arrive, nor did chat from table arrive to me (as I later verified), nor did I get any error message. I was initially unaware of the problem (may even have been absent then) and later absorbed in play, so I did not try logout - login.

I played the same tournament again yesterday without chat problems (but that time I won and this time not, so happy without chat <_< ).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users