Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General Advice Needed Possibly dumb questions from a newbie director

#1 User is offline   Cods3003 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-16, 07:10

Hi there, I am hoping someone can help. I have spent a couple of days searching for some how-tos on running free tourneys and there is not much that is still current.
This is a fantastic service from BBO and my club is really enjoying playing as our close had to close and we are all forced to stay home. I want to try to make it as good as I can.
Anyway I would like to know

1. What happens if you do have a sit out and let it run through the tournament.
2. If you are not a director you can see how many entries you have easily in the title in the game window but directors can only show registrations and count the number (eliminating duplicates). When it is close to start time it is important to know if you have odd/even numbers because you end up with sit-outs. Is there an easy way to get the total registrations from the director screen
3. Once a tournament starts can you change: the total boards, boards per round and minutes per board. I ask this so I can try to make sure everyone plays everyone at least once

I noticed today that BBO separates the field into sections - is this based on the number of entries/boards or something else? I was thinking if I monitor registrations I can change the set-up before the start based on how many sections I get.

Thanks it for now.
Thanks for the help I have had so far.

Jennie

#2 User is offline   kevinsp8 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-22, 23:25

1. If it allows you (it might eliminate that table), then every round there will be a sitout. Far better to find subs so there is no sitout.

2. You should be able to click on the tournament list like all players can and find your tournament in the list (competitive, VACB etc) and it should show how many are registered.

3. I tried changing board/rd once a tournament started (still in 1st round) and couldn't. Maybe VERY early in the tournament it might allow you. I haven't tried changing number of boards played. If you are near a 'tipping point' number and need time to think/change things, you could add a minute or two just before the game is about to start, then take that time to think and make your choices.

4. I think over a certain number (16?) it creates 2 sections automatically.

#3 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-26, 01:50

I've never let a sitout last a round - but if unclocked, i think that table would never progress. If clocked, probably AVEs.

#4 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-26, 01:52

View Postkevinsp8, on 2020-April-22, 23:25, said:

4. I think over a certain number (16?) it creates 2 sections automatically.

If tables 50 or more, equal sections of up to 49 tables are created.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users