Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exceeded Tournament Limit

#1 User is offline   lynnxxx 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-21, 16:46

I became a registered Director and have been successfully running tournaments for my local bridge players for the past week. Today when I tried to create my next tournament I received a message: "Cannot Create Tournament. You have exceeded your tournament limit." And contact BBO support if you need this number increased. I've written to BBO support but don't know if I'll hear back in time to run tonight's scheduled tournament and I'm also concerned about the other upcoming tournaments I have planned. Is this happening to all new Directors once they get to a certain number of tournaments?

Lynn

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-March-21, 22:12

You currently can have 1 (one) tournament listed at any given time (in Pending/Running states).

After said tournament finishes, you can post the next one.

So, there is no limit on the how many tourneys you can post, the limit is on how many you post at any given time.

You probably tried to double post a tournament, it would get you this message.
Regards,
Gerardo

#3 User is offline   Sir John D 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-April-20, 11:14

Gerardo, on 2020-March-21, 22:12, said:

You currently can have 1 (one) tournament listed at any given time (in Pending/Running states).

After said tournament finishes, you can post the next one.

So, there is no limit on the how many tourneys you can post, the limit is on how many you post at any given time.

You probably tried to double post a tournament, it would get you this message.
Regards,
Gerardo

I have noticed that some Hosts can create multiple tournaments during the day or even at the same time. So, I wondered the same and have asked BBO if I can have this extra facility. It would save a lot of time if I could duplicate the information for the next tournament but for some reason, the computer won't let me. Still, have plenty of time on my hands at the moment to try and figure it out

Keep safe

#4 User is offline   biometrics 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Statistics , Quantitative Research, Bridge, Reading Crime stories & thrillers

Posted 2020-April-20, 13:28

Sir John D, on 2020-April-20, 11:14, said:

I have noticed that some Hosts can create multiple tournaments during the day or even at the same time. So, I wondered the same and have asked BBO if I can have this extra facility. It would save a lot of time if I could duplicate the information for the next tournament but for some reason, the computer won't let me. Still, have plenty of time on my hands at the moment to try and figure it out

Keep safe

Those who are allowed to create multple Tournaments have extra permissions. I think due to the fact that there are lots of new TDs these days, BBO wants to keep the number of tournaments as low as possible. And honestly speaking: it takes about 2 to 3 minutes to create a new tournament (I do have a word file where I save my different tournament descriptions and welcome messages at the beginning and just copy paste them *gg*).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users