Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New suit forcing

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-November-04, 05:07

I thought that 2 was forcing. Indeed that a new suit by a non-passed hand in response to opener or in advance of an overcall was forcing.

If it is non-forcing then I think that North is still worth a raise.

More to the point, if it is non-forcing, what is the correct sequence to 4?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-04, 05:39

The GIB convention card says that a new suit is "nf constructive". Apparently the ACBL template does not allow you to distinguish between 1-level and 2-level overcalls but the notes don't clarify it further so it seems as if this 2 bid is NF, despite the fact that it is explain as 9+, not 9-11 or such.

If you bid 2 it is not difficult but that would show club support. OK you have club support on this hand. On the next hand you won't have support. So there is a hole in the system AFAICS.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-04, 05:57

OK thanks. I still don't like North's pass.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users