Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spank that bot! (#8)

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-November-04, 09:24

I have some sympathy with West. Not utterly outrageous. The sort of thing that I would have done in my youth. Running Clubs. Diamonds guarded, what more can he want? Weil, he might start by wanting a hand opposite that has promised a tad more than precisely 12 total points (and then perhaps at least have the courtesy of having the 12 total points that he has promissed, although a singleton Diamond instead of doubleton would have sufficed, and not made the hand any stronger for 3N).

I was actually a bit apprehensive about doubling. There were three robots at the table any one of whom was quite likely to pull the double for any number of random reasons. Got away with it that time.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2013-November-04, 22:39

Why does the description of 3 indicate that only 4+C are shown? Shouldn't this be more than that?

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2013-November-05, 01:50

View PostBbradley62, on 2013-November-04, 22:39, said:

Why does the description of 3 indicate that only 4+C are shown? Shouldn't this be more than that?

With some exceptions, depending on how critical it is to the hand, I have broadly given up with commenting on bid descriptions. They are so far out on so many hands that it is like pushing a lump of sh*t up a hill with a short stick. Time was when I placed absolute trust in the descriptions, but now that I know that they are broken and don't actually reflect the way that GIB thinks I don't pay a lot of attention to them. Someone at some point is going to have to grab that tiger by the tail. But that will be a big project.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users