• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

L58B1 or L58B2

#21 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-December-09, 16:28

View Postaxman, on 2012-December-09, 13:40, said:

I think that it is readily believable that when a player exposes two cards at his turn to play that the occasion does not constitute normal play.

As you do not elaborate as to the arguments supporting the TK and MS position it is difficult to assess whether they are valid. But it is notable that L49 provides in that situation for such cards to be PCs automatically. And L50 thereby provides that it is declarer [contrary to TK assertion] that controls which card is to be contributed to the trick.

Be aware of:

Law 50 B said:

A single card below the rank of an honour exposed unintentionally (as in playing two cards to a trick, or in dropping a card accidentally) becomes a minor penalty card.

so if the card not designated as contributed to the trick is below the rank of honours it becomes a minor PC, there is no question on whether it was accidentally dropped or deliberately played! (Unless of course the offender ends up with more than one PC.)

#22 User is offline   bluejak 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge Laws, Cats, Railways, Transport timetables

Posted 2012-December-23, 16:51

You attempt to play a card. Two cards come out. It seems very reasonable to me to treat that as two cards played simultaneously.

You are sorting your hand. You accidentally drop a card. That card does not seem to me to have been played.

I think the Kooijman/Sacco position seems reasonable.
David Stevenson

Merseyside England UK
EBL TD
Currently at home
Visiting IBLF from time to time
<webjak666@gmail.com>

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

17 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users