BBO Discussion Forums: Official BBO Hijacked Thread Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 203 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official BBO Hijacked Thread Thread No, it's not about that

#2541 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-August-31, 14:37

View PostWinstonm, on 2013-August-29, 13:51, said:

Only if the bacon sandwich is doused with Finnish ketsup.

NSA scanned Heikki Kekäläinen from Pieksämäki as the only person who knows the secret receipe of the world's best ketchup.B-)

Posted Image
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#2542 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2013-August-31, 15:57

View PostAberlour10, on 2013-August-31, 14:37, said:

NSA scanned Heikki Kekäläinen from Pieksämäki as the only person who knows the secret receipe of the world's best ketchup.B-)

Posted Image

I can't say I know anything about Finnish ketsup, but I can tell a real tomato when I see one. :P
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

#2543 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue

Posted 2013-September-02, 08:08

This might be old news, but Sergio Ramos from Spannish national team and Real Madrid (the team Csaba used to support), recently congratulated spannish women waterpolo team for their win in the world championship through twitter, he did it just 24 days after the match, curiously after a rerun on TV.

Some might remember this guy was the same that let the Spannish cup slide off the celebration-bus to end up behind it where it was destroyed.

Also known for the great penalti on Champion's semi final 2 years ago: Posted Image

#2544 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-02, 09:46

View PostFluffy, on 2013-September-02, 08:08, said:

This might be old news, but Sergio Ramos from Spannish national team and Real Madrid (the team Csaba used to support), recently congratulated spannish women waterpolo team for their win in the world championship through twitter, he did it just 24 days after the match, curiously after a rerun on TV.

Some might remember this guy was the same that let the Spannish cup slide off the celebration-bus to end up behind it where it was destroyed.

Also known for the great penalti on Champion's semi final 2 years ago:

He's even an amateur at missing penalties:

http://www.theguardi...s-penalty-video

#2545 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2013-September-05, 08:02

Small town fun

Posted Image

After decades of city life, I was surprised by how many interesting things we found to do in nearby small towns. Top-tier entertainment is rarely available in Upper Michigan, but there are compensations, like this one. And the only traffic jams happen when the bridge goes up to let a tall ship through...
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#2546 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2013-September-07, 11:41

Can you tell which is the real paper and which one was generated randomly (from the title alone)? I scored 33/50, significantly better than a monkey but that's the only good thing I can say about my performance...
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2547 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-18, 21:50

OK
bed

#2548 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2013-September-19, 02:23

Awesome!
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#2549 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2013-September-20, 09:48

Posted Image
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2550 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-23, 14:41

German political landscape after yesterday's Bundestag election.:blink:

Posted Image

#2551 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-September-28, 06:44

Posted Image
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#2552 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2013-September-28, 07:42

View Posty66, on 2013-September-28, 06:44, said:

Posted Image

I believe I can fly.

#2553 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2013-September-28, 14:34

So you can — but you'll have to deal with TSA first.
--------------------
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#2554 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2013-October-04, 15:19

Why Italians love Francis.

Excerpt:

“I look on the church as a field hospital after a battle,” he said in a recent interview. “There’s no point in asking a seriously injured man how high his blood sugar is! You tend his wounds.”

And there is much to tend. The new pope promises new takes on homosexuality, on couples who divorce and remarry, on relations with other religions and on the importance of conscience.

Francis has substituted a reluctance to accept papal office — a reluctance that led the cardinals to opt for Mr. Ratzinger, the German cardinal who became Benedict XVI, in 2005 — with ceaseless activity and disarming sincerity. “Heads of the church have often been narcissists, flattered and thrilled by their courtiers. The court is the leprosy of the papacy,” he told the 89-year-old journalist (and atheist) Eugenio Scalfari.

Nor has he stopped at words. A few days ago the Vatican Bank closed the accounts of some 900 organizations and embassies, some of them suspected of money laundering. The Italian-Argentine Francis worked as a bouncer in his Buenos Aires youth — it may have helped.

Italy’s parish priests are particularly happy with him. With attendance at Sunday Mass now below 30 percent of the population, parishes are quick to welcome a pope who thrills believers and inspires respect in nonbelievers.

Francis likes people at least as much as Benedict XVI liked books. The German pope gave Catholics an unremitting theology lesson. The Argentine gives them reassurance and understanding. All you need is love. Don’t be surprised if Francis starts quoting John Lennon.

This pope communicates. Not because he tweets; the powerful everywhere do. Not because he calls strangers on the phone. Not because he paid the bill at the Domus Internationalis Paulus VI, where he stayed in the days before the conclave. Francis’s ability to communicate derives from empathy, not individual actions. Only Bill Clinton and the early Barack Obama showed the same ability to get on other people’s wavelengths.

When Francis moves among crowds, he catches the gifts they throw to him and gives a thumbs up. He poses for photos with students. When he met with the Argentine soccer team and one of the players, Ezequiel Lavezzi, promptly sat on the papal throne, Francis chuckled, “That’s my people!” adding later, “Now do you see why I’m like this?”

If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#2555 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2013-November-01, 07:01

Rethinking Big Water (pdf) by Erica Gies.

October 21, 2013 — Las Vegas has long served as a stereotype of human excess: gambling, drinking, sex, all-you-can-eat buffets. But the latest chapter is playing out away from the Strip, in the part of the valley where two decades of booming development have swelled the population to 2 million residents who rely on a dwindling water supply.

Ninety percent of the southwestern U.S. city’s drinking water comes from the Colorado River, impounded behind Hoover Dam in Lake Mead. An extended drought has sucked the lake’s water levels down more than 100 feet since 2000, and the pipes that convey the lake’s water to the city may soon protrude into open air.

If Las Vegas’ excess in trying to support the water needs of millions in a sere valley marks an extreme, its proposed solution — boosting supply through megaprojects — is all too common. To ensure continued water delivery, the Southern Nevada Water Authority, which manages Las Vegas’ water supply, has spent the past five years boring a lower feed pipe through rock at a cost of $817 million. And to diversify supply, the SNWA also plans to spend another $3 billion to $15 billion (depending upon who’s counting) to build a 263-mile-long pipeline to bring in groundwater from rural northeastern Nevada.

Other massive water supply projects are being planned elsewhere in the U.S. Seventeen desalination plants have been proposed in California alone, according to the Pacific Institute, a non-governmental organization that conducts research and policy analysis. And Dallas–Fort Worth water authorities recently proposed a series of supply-boosting infrastructure projects that could cost $21.5 billion by 2060, according to Sharlene Leurig, senior manager of the water program at Ceres, an NGO that advocates for sustainable business.

The irony is that all this expense and financial risk may not even be necessary. “It’s mythology that population growth means increase in water use.” says Leurig. She and other water analysts think the persistent impulse to boost supply is an anachronism. Many utilities’ water supply managers believe they need to build new water supply infrastructure because they are using demand forecasts based upon historic use or tied to population growth, or don’t forecast demand at all.

More

#2556 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-07, 18:52

This thread needs some traditional refreshing

Posted Image

#2557 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2013-November-07, 19:46

How can we resist?

#2558 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2013-November-12, 11:07

New programming language (maybe) for educators: Pyret

#2559 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-14, 18:07

Letterman's top 10 from last night. They all have the same (sane?) answer.

10.Gosh you look great. What's your secret?
9. Why not become a vegetarian?
8. Did you smell anything right before the stroke?
7. Kevin who?
6. What was the top selling pork product in 1962?
5. Is there anything Democrats and Republicans can agree on?
4. What should I bait the trap with?
3. Cause of death?
2. Why hasn't Chris Christies lap band surgery worked?
1. Would you like anything with your bacon?
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#2560 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2013-November-14, 20:32

Heheh.
--------------------

• 203 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users