BBO Discussion Forums: Preempt with a side 4 card Major - Oh my! - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Preempt with a side 4 card Major - Oh my!

#41 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-August-13, 22:15

Mike, thanks for checking. Thanks for checking before, even when the answer wasn't correct. I hope I was clear that I did not ever suggest there was any ethical issue here (just a "I'm sure they told you that, but the plain reading of the document (*) doesn't say that"); just that I didn't want you, or anyone you passed this information on to, to get bit when it mattered.

I will admit I'm definitely a SB in this case, and have decades of "I'm happy to play against this convention, but only if I am also allowed to play it. Since I know I'm not, I'm not going to just let them do it." experience (most commonly Kaplan Inversion and Suction back in the GCC days.) I may be polite, that doesn't mean I'm _nice_.

(*) which I was an unofficial proofreader and nitpicker for, so I've had 4-6 months more immersion in it than The General Public. That should also not be taken as "mycroft is an authority"; I have read it wrong/remembered it wrong before, and I am sure I will again. But I have had more experience reading and understanding the lawyerese the C&CC committed than most.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users