BBO Discussion Forums: Handviewer Development Suggestion - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Handviewer Development Suggestion (Run the play sequence before displaying the hand)

#1 User is offline   bagman 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-October-08, 06:33

I couldn't find a feature how to get handviewer to run through the play sequence before displaying the deal. The following url contains a play sequence of the first 5 cards:
<http://www.bridgebase.com/tools/handviewer.html?s=sk87haj9dk984cak4&n=sq6ht6542dqj5cq98&d=s&v=e&a=1dp1hp2np3nppp&p=s5sqsas7sj>

When the url is displayed, all the cards are displayed in black and the deal can be advanced a card by card with the NEXT button leaving the played cards grayed out. For article purposes, it would be great, if the deal could be displayed instantly with the grayed out cards (essentially as running the play sequence before displaying the hand).

If there's already the feature, please, let me know how to utilize it. If not, please, consider adding the feature.

Edited: To make the viewer even more article friendly, would it be possible to have one play sequence to run to end and another being there to be played with the NEXT button. The parameter p could behave as currently and the added parameter r could contain the play sequence to be executed before displaying the hand.

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-October-08, 14:50

View Postbagman, on 2023-October-08, 06:33, said:

I couldn't find a feature how to get handviewer to run through the play sequence before displaying the deal. The following url contains a play sequence of the first 5 cards:
<http://www.bridgebase.com/tools/handviewer.html?s=sk87haj9dk984cak4&n=sq6ht6542dqj5cq98&d=s&v=e&a=1dp1hp2np3nppp&p=s5sqsas7sj>

When the url is displayed, all the cards are displayed in black and the deal can be advanced a card by card with the NEXT button leaving the played cards grayed out. For article purposes, it would be great, if the deal could be displayed instantly with the grayed out cards (essentially as running the play sequence before displaying the hand).

If there's already the feature, please, let me know how to utilize it. If not, please, consider adding the feature.

There is a kibitz parameter: for example, &k=s will show the play from South's perspective with just South and the dummy displayed.

The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-October-08, 20:55

View Postpaulg, on 2023-October-08, 14:50, said:

There is a kibitz parameter: for example, &k=s will show the play from South's perspective with just South and the dummy displayed.

That doesn't really help at all with the OP's request though, which is about skipping to the middle of a hand.

You can get somewhat close by only providing partial hands to each player in the n/s/e/w parameters, but of course then the cards will simply not show up, rather than be greyed out. But otherwise it's not possible as of now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users