BBO Discussion Forums: Ignore list not working - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ignore list not working What is ignore supposed to block?

#1 User is offline   j00si 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-September-18, 09:45

Hi, I painstakingly compile a list of players blacklisted who have been abusive toward me. Then, today, one hops on a table as my partner, to make it worse I am the host! What does ignore list actually do if it doesnt prevent such occurances?

Thoughts? Regards J

#2 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-September-18, 11:09

View Postj00si, on 2023-September-18, 09:45, said:

Hi, I painstakingly compile a list of players blacklisted who have been abusive toward me. Then, today, one hops on a table as my partner, to make it worse I am the host! What does ignore list actually do if it doesnt prevent such occurances?

Thoughts? Regards J

All it does is keep you from seeing their chat. They are "ignored". It doesn't stop them from joining your table.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-September-18, 13:01

If someone is in your ignore list they won't join your table automatically when they use the "Help me find a game" feature. But it doesn't prevent them from joining the table by hand.

#4 User is offline   j00si 

• Pip

Posted 2023-September-18, 14:22

tx for answer chaz and barmar. Then id like it to be so as a feature request. Why on earth abusive players allowed to partner me when ive ignored them? Surprised not so already :o

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-September-19, 03:12

View Postj00si, on 2023-September-18, 14:22, said:

tx for answer chaz and barmar. Then id like it to be so as a feature request. Why on earth abusive players allowed to partner me when ive ignored them? Surprised not so already :o

If you activate "Permission required to sit" at your table, ignored players cannot join. They can click, but their requests to sit are silently deleted by the BBO system and you never receive them. Same if they try to invite you to play, or send you any other type of invitation or request.

If you seats are open to all, then ignored players won't be automatically sent to your table via "Help me find a game" but they will be able to click and sit if they want to.

#6 User is offline   j00si 

• Pip

Posted 2023-September-19, 04:33

View Postdiana_eva, on 2023-September-19, 03:12, said:

If you activate "Permission required to sit" at your table, ignored players cannot join. They can click, but their requests to sit are silently deleted by the BBO system and you never receive them. Same if they try to invite you to play, or send you any other type of invitation or request.

If you seats are open to all, then ignored players won't be automatically sent to your table via "Help me find a game" but they will be able to click and sit if they want to.

THanks Diana but that's not quite the same.

#7 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-April-21, 12:44

FWIW, Sub-Any in tourneys can bring in explicitly excluded Ignored players too ��

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users