• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Management contacting BBO

#1 User is offline   Bri_and 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-February-16, 09:26

Do BBO management read these forums ?
I've been trying to contact our account manager via email about our virtual club account but haven't been able to get a reply. Are there any other ways to contact management to deal with financial matters ?

#2 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-16, 12:00

support@bridgebase.com i think

#3 User is offline   Bri_and 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-February-16, 15:34

View Postpigpenz, on 2021-February-16, 12:00, said:

support@bridgebase.com i think

I thought they were only "technical" queries. Support certainly put me in touch with an account manager to set up our club

#4 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-16, 17:12

View PostBri_and, on 2021-February-16, 15:34, said:

I thought they were only "technical" queries. Support certainly put me in touch with an account manager to set up our club

Unless things have changed, support_bridgebase.com can take a while (>1 week) to respond.
A common response is "make a post on the Forum".
Non legit hoc

#5 User is offline   irvine W 

• Pip

Posted 2023-August-19, 08:31

I have also been trying to communicate with customer service or a manager.

When i complete an instant tournament and would like to see how the hands where played by other contestants, I receive a message that for security reasons the hands cannot be viewed .

I have had a number of responses from customer service that are the exact opposite of responsive. Apparently the request to transfer from the tournament result/summary to the hand details results in a different (old) username being accessed? How this can happen and how to correct the problem is not provided in the responses.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-August-19, 13:10

View Postpilowsky, on 2021-February-16, 17:12, said:

Unless things have changed, support_bridgebase.com can take a while (>1 week) to respond.
A common response is "make a post on the Forum".

At least once I was told the opposite on the forum, that I had to send an email to support (which I ignored, as I am old fashioned enough to think that operating a forum is more responsible and effective than hiding behind email or an "I control the dialogue you all see" social medium).

Be that as it may, I have the problem of needing to report a cheat, where the forum is clearly less appropriate.
Is there a specific email address (would seem appropriate) or do I have to use support?

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-August-23, 13:58

View Postirvine W, on 2023-August-19, 08:31, said:

I have also been trying to communicate with customer service or a manager.

When i complete an instant tournament and would like to see how the hands where played by other contestants, I receive a message that for security reasons the hands cannot be viewed .

That message doesn't look familiar to me. What is the exact message you're getting?

When provisional results are shown after a tourney, there's a check that this request comes from the same IP that you use to login to BBO. In some networks there are proxies that cause the BBO connection to come from a different IP than the request for results. When this happens and it tries to show provisional results, you see the message "Not authorized".

But provisional results are only shown for daylong tournaments, not instant tourneys.

#8 User is offline   TigressLil 

• Pip

Posted 2023-August-30, 19:32

20 years as a member, 15+ as director and "new" BBO management close my and our club accounts. They gave us absolutely no reason, no explanation AND no opportunity to defend ourselves. They refuse to tell us what/who/when/why,"management policies". We are guilty until proven innocent. They chose NOT to reinstate our accounts even thou many, many members wrote to support (absolutely no answer, no acknowledgement).
Unfair, disrespectful, money-hungry, lying platform.

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-August-31, 02:34

View PostTigressLil, on 2023-August-30, 19:32, said:

20 years as a member, 15+ as director and "new" BBO management close my and our club accounts. They gave us absolutely no reason, no explanation AND no opportunity to defend ourselves. They refuse to tell us what/who/when/why,"management policies". We are guilty until proven innocent. They chose NOT to reinstate our accounts even thou many, many members wrote to support (absolutely no answer, no acknowledgement).
Unfair, disrespectful, money-hungry, lying platform.

Lil, your primary account is not suspended. You have all standard BBO member privileges. After concerns about the use of certain extra permissions, we reviewed and adjusted them. These are privileges granted at BBO's discretion, not rights. All your emails to support have been promptly answered.

That said, I do hope you continue to enjoy BBO and the bridge playing community, even if you have lost access to the TD tools.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users