• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#1 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2023-March-04, 11:43

These hands are from the Open Tournament I played in yesterday. Session one was great, 55.19, .4 of a MP out of 3rd place. :)
Session two not so good.

"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#2 User is offline   HardVector 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2023-March-04, 11:54

Bid 2s. If something else comes around to you again, then bid 3s. If you jump to 3s immediately, partner will never know if you have this, or what you are supposed to have which is a 16-18 pointer with 6 cards in the suit.

#3 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked

Posted 2023-March-04, 16:22

2Cclubs

Yeah, I would open with 93,A53,T83,AKT82

I did all I could here?
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#4 User is offline   AL78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, hiking, cycling, gardening, weight training

Posted 2023-March-04, 17:31

Surely holding three quick tricks and doubleton support opposite a non-minimum partner with a long spade suit West can find a bid on the third or fourth round of the auction. What hand could East have that can bid their suit three times, is marked with diamond shortage, but game has no play?

#5 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2023-March-04, 18:50

Firstly, traditional NA bridge had 2C, over the double, as non-forcing. That’s far from universal though and I’m. It saying the bid was wrong, so long as both partners know that it is forcing

Btw, this dilemma…do I have to pass with say x xxx xxx KQJ109x or do I have to redouble with say xx xx Axx AKxxxx and get blown out by a red suit…is one big reason why most expert pairs use transfers over a takeout double. Here, I’d bid xx, showing clubs weak or better, then (if the auction timed out such that it made sense) I’d double to show values.

Sorry for the digression

As it is, your partner must have fallen asleep at some point after bidding 2C. 4S is automatic imo.

Edit: actually, I think your partner was asleep on the first round, woke briefly to bid 2C, then lapsed back into a comatose state
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#6 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked

Posted 2023-March-04, 21:19

At times things are very different here in the antipodes however, even here, I can't imagine 2 is forcing by a passed hand. (No agreement/undiscussed)
I'll see if I can soften the delivery while maintaining the meaning when we review this hand. :)
(still learning)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users