• You cannot reply to this topic

Q1 & Q2

#21 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2023-March-05, 13:48

We are missing Kx of trump, do you not consider the Grand? What is the percentage of Kx being in one hand?
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#22 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-05, 14:12

View Postjillybean, on 2023-March-05, 13:48, said:

We are missing Kx of trump, do you not consider the Grand? What is the percentage of Kx being in one hand?

Pretty good, but I expect to score well for 6N rather than 6 assuming pairs, and not sure I want to risk the big loss at teams.

#23 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2023-March-05, 14:20

View Postjillybean, on 2023-March-05, 13:48, said:

Roughly but not quite 50-50. Far too high to risk a grand at imps, unless stuck or outgunned. As for mps, since on almost all hands some pair has an accident and misses the small slam, it’s still not a good idea unless desperate for a top…it needs to be 50% or better even if one assumes that nobody misses slam
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#24 User is offline   akwoo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-March-06, 02:30

I think it's fairly standard that 4N is quantitative over a 2 level transfer and RKC over a 4 level transfer.

Here, it's fairly clear I want to RKC opposite a 12-14 1N, so I would bid 4D (we play 2 under transfers at the 4 level) and then 4N over partner's 4S bid.

My principle is that 4333 hands have 3 cards in every suit, so you never make bids showing 4 card support (no super accepts, no 4 card raises).

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users