Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Acol robots

#1 User is offline   Sorina12 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-February-28, 05:07

I play in the free acol daily tournaments for practice which is great and very useful. Some of the bidding the robots employ is crazy. Can whoever programs the robots please take some advice from acol players - not putting myself as an expert in these matters, but they could certainly do with some changes please.
eg today, one hand, I open 1H, robot says 2NT (not announced as Jacoby but as 10+ points, 4 hearts). I bid 3C as I have a singleton club. The robot responds 5H. What does that mean? I pass and make all 13 tricks. I would expect either cue bids, or some form of Blackwood from the robot when they hold 2 aces etc. There have been a lot of strange things. Also there seems to be no allowance for sacrificing. I had another where 3HX would have gone off beautifully, but the robot decided it was take out and took me away to a slam which went hugely off! The bidding was a complete mystery to me.

#2 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-February-28, 15:40

Hi - the "Acol robots" is the Argine program.
There's a long (and growing) thread devoted to its shenanigans pinned in the robot discussion forum.
Non legit hoc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users