Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rejoin automated Tournament? How do I rejoin a tournament in progress

#1 User is offline   pgcto 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-September-04, 16:06

I was playing in an "Express- Free Automated Fun" tournament which has a 30 second limit for bids or plays. I had just made my bid when I got bumped out of BBO. I was able to log back in well within the 30 second time limit but it did not reseat me and even when I went to the tournament, although it was in yellow which usually means I am registered, I could not join.

Is there a way to rejoin the tournament since it seems unfair to be charged with not completing a tournament due to a glitch in BBO

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-September-05, 14:49

No, the automated tournaments don't reseat players.

It's unlikely it was a glitch in BBO if you're the only one who was disconnected.

#3 User is offline   pgcto 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-September-06, 14:39

View Postbarmar, on 2022-September-05, 14:49, said:

No, the automated tournaments don't reseat players.

It's unlikely it was a glitch in BBO if you're the only one who was disconnected.

Given that regular tournaments allow reseating it seems like it would not be difficult to allow it for automated tournaments.

In my situation which has happened once or twice before I had several windows open and connected to the internet and the BBO one was the only one that closed which makes me suspect it was a BBO problem.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2022-September-07, 12:52

View Postpgcto, on 2022-September-06, 14:39, said:

Given that regular tournaments allow reseating it seems like it would not be difficult to allow it for automated tournaments.

I think it was an intentional design decision, just like kicking you out if you take more than 30 seconds to act.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2022-September-07, 12:57

View Postpgcto, on 2022-September-06, 14:39, said:

In my situation which has happened once or twice before I had several windows open and connected to the internet and the BBO one was the only one that closed which makes me suspect it was a BBO problem.

BBO is not like most web applications, it requires you to have a consistent, continuous connection. The app and server send messages to each other every few seconds to ensure that the connection is still alive, and you're logged out if they don't arrive.

When there's a problem at the BBO end, hundreds or thousands of users get kicked out and we notice. In other instances, the problem is 99.9% likely to be closer to the user's end, not BBO's fault (except for the design that requires these continuous connections, which is not easy for us to change).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users