BBO Discussion Forums: BBO removes me frequently for no reason - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO removes me frequently for no reason Lose connection

#1 User is offline   jerrykearn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-May-01, 15:23

I play from Florida with my Daughter in the UKand after a few games I am no longer in the game. What might be the problem?

#2 User is offline   madhu1955 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-May-01, 23:56

I always have a few tabs open along with BBO. even if I move to another tab for a minute (while waiting for the round to be complete), I am logged out

#3 User is offline   ThomasRush 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge (?), Toastmasters, wine, people, libertarianism, creating humor, teaching bridge

Posted 2022-May-02, 12:44

View Postjerrykearn, on 2022-May-01, 15:23, said:

I play from Florida with my Daughter in the UKand after a few games I am no longer in the game. What might be the problem?

I use a windows desktop most often, and sometimes get kicked out of BBO for no reason I can determine. I suppose you might try clearing your browser cache and closing tabs you're not actively using before going in to BBO; it might help.
He who plants a tree affirms the future

#4 User is offline   Zacks1 

• Pip

Posted 2022-May-02, 13:14

This has been a problem w/ BBO for a long time. Seems they simply will not devote the programming and engineering resources to fix it. I was head of our IT dept at my company for some years....this is a solvable problem.... IF they want to solve it !

#5 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-02, 15:59

View PostZacks1, on 2022-May-02, 13:14, said:

This is a solvable problem.... IF they want to solve it ! are able to replicate it.

FYP. For the vast majority of users it works perfectly fine with no disconnects, and based on BBO replies they've never been able to replicate it themselves.

#6 User is offline   sfr 

• Pip

Posted 2022-May-03, 06:05

I get logged off a lot when I am registered and waiting for the start of said game. I can understand if I am doing nothing on the site. BUT getting some food or washroom break and coming back to sit down to play and I miss a game because of being logged out???
IF A PLAYER IS REGISTERED FOR A TOURNAMENT ... THEN THE LOGGING OUT MECHANISM SHOULD BE DISARMED.
BBO IS ACTUALLY UNDERMINING ITS REASON TO ELIMATE PLAYERS FOR FOR TYING UP ITS SPACE WHEN THAT PLAYER IS PREPARING TO HAVE UPCOMING REGISTERED PLAY, ESPECIALLY IN PAY GAMES.
What really gets me is these players who register and never play that tourn. Why are they registering if they have no intention of playing? I find at least 2 Stars who do this a lot. Why are they on BBO if they do not play?

#7 User is offline   Gazumper 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-May-03, 10:16

Funny I was just booted mid-hand while in dummy watching my Robot partner. First time it's happened in years.

Can happen if you stay in another browser tab for too long as well (Firefox). It's like the actions are buffered on the server side but the client isn't alive to process them so you get disconnected.

View Postsfr, on 2022-May-03, 06:05, said:

What really gets me is these players who register and never play that tourn. Why are they registering if they have no intention of playing? I find at least 2 Stars who do this a lot. Why are they on BBO if they do not play?

Stars play for free don't they? Maybe they're trying to attract more signups for extra commission.

This still happens in the free express tourneys all the time, worst in the ones that don't have a TCR requirement. I suggested implementing a reserve list a long time ago for people that actually want to play.

#8 User is offline   Aceotto 

• Pip

Posted 2022-May-03, 12:55

If you have open apps they can prement your connection close all apps before you log on helps prevent being logged out

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users