Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unable to sign-in on computer

#1 User is offline   fake_user+jhgeorge@forums.bridgebase.com 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-December-10, 17:30

I am unable to log in on my MAC computer, which is using MAC OS Mojave 10.14.6. I can log into my account on my newer IPAD. Does the current version of Bridgeable not work with my computer's operating system.

#2 User is offline   dottoro 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-December-11, 14:56

BBO SUPPORT said server has deleted all systems older than IOS 11.0.

#3 User is offline   fromageGB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-December-12, 10:40

Does the operating system matter? I have always thought it was purely a browser thing (on web access) and provided it coped with html and javascript, as all browsers do, it worked.

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-December-14, 10:48

There was an issue with LetsEncrypt a while back (end September?) replacing one of its root certificates. They did everything right to the documents, but...

Older versions of SSL libraries had a bug where if they tested one cert in the chain and it had expired (or was otherwise wrong), it failed the certification, even if there was another certificate in the same chain that was valid for that path. Apple's older OSes have that buggy SSL library.

Apple has decided to fix only those systems that are not "expired", knowing that old iThings will now break with "insecure certificate" on a massive number of websites (because LetsEncrypt is easy to use, common and (importantly) *free*). BBO is one of them.

It's not something BBO can do anything about, unfortunately. searching for "mac letsencrypt" will likely give you some fixes you can do yourself, *if you are suitably technical*. None of the solutions I have seen are "easy for nontechies", plus they all are "make a mistake and you can cause even more problems". Just live with it if you read it and don't *thoroughly* understand what they're asking you to do and why.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users