• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Optimal Precision Relay

#1 User is offline   Houdini 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-November-20, 07:18

Hello,

Have you read Optimal Precision Relay by Patrick Darricades (2021) and found the method compelling? I'm looking for a partner who would like to develop and play a system based on this method, modifying and augmenting it with ideas from KK Relay and maybe other relay systems as well. Great if you enjoy bidding practice in addition to playing. When we have a stable system we can turn our focus to defensive agreements. :)

I live in EET timezone. Please send me a private message or email via my profile if you’re interested.

Cheers,
Gabriel

#2 User is online   PrecisionL 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Diamond LM (6700+ MP)
    God
    Family
    Counseling
    Bridge

Posted 2021-November-20, 10:49

View PostHoudini, on 2021-November-20, 07:18, said:

Hello,

Have you read Optimal Precision Relay by Patrick Darricades (2021) and found the method compelling? I'm looking for a partner who would like to develop and play a system based on this method, modifying and augmenting it with ideas from KK Relay and maybe other relay systems as well. Great if you enjoy bidding practice in addition to playing. When we have a stable system we can turn our focus to defensive agreements. :)

I live in EET timezone. Please send me a private message or email via my profile if you're interested.

Cheers,
Gabriel

Can you give us a quick summary of the approach? Just became aware of the book this week.
Ultra Relay: see Daniel's web page: https://bridgewithda...19/07/Ultra.pdf
C3: Copious Canape Club is still my favorite system. (Ultra upgraded, PM for notes)

Santa Fe Precision published 8/19. TOP3 published 11/20. Magic experiment (Science Modernized) with Lenzo. 2020: Jan Eric Larsson's Cottontail . 2020. BFUN (Bridge For the UNbalanced) 2021: Weiss Simplified (Canape & Relay). 2022: Canary Modernized, 2023-4: KOK Canape.

#3 User is offline   Houdini 

• Pip

Posted 2021-November-20, 11:35

The system is based on Optimal Hand Evaluation, a method for applying corrections to the 4-3-2-1 honor point count. Darricades has two books on hand evaluation: Optimal Hand Evaluation and Optimal Hand Evaluation in Competitive Bidding. I recommend reading those books before Optimal Precision Relay although the book also contains a summary of the hand evaluation approach. Optimal Precision Relay uses a relay structure and transfers over most opening bids. The span for the opening bids other than 1 is at most 6 points and the system allows the opener to further narrow his strength to a 3 point span after relays allowing you to stop early when needed.

Summary of the opening bids:
1: 18+ HLD (Honor, Length, Distribution points), forcing
1: 14-19 HLD, minor two-suiter or 5+ and 4 or 4 or 15-17 HL (Honor, Length points) balanced
1//: 12-17 HLD 5+ cards or 4 and 4
1NT: 12-14 HL balanced
2 to 2: 15-17 HLD, 6+ cards, single suiter
2NT: 12-14 HLD, 6+ , single suiter
3: 12-14 HLD, 6+ , single suiter
3 and up: pre-emptive transfer bids

#4 User is offline   Mr Dale 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-November-21, 07:51

Now if I only knew how HLD works...

Page 1 of 1