Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Small GUI tweak on recent hands?

#1 User is offline   Wentys 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-April-09, 21:09

Viewing History | Recent Hands shows the 50 most recent hands with the most recently one played at the top of the list. Nice. :-)

But switching between My Table and Other Tables always loses the scroll position in the list, and re-focuses / scrolls to the bottom of the list. :-(

First prize would be to remember the board / item the user is viewing, and when switching MyTable / OtherTables to get the focus back to where it was.
Second prize would be to rather put it at the top of the list - most recent hand, rather than on the oldest hand.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-April-10, 01:27

View PostWentys, on 2023-April-09, 21:09, said:

Viewing History | Recent Hands shows the 50 most recent hands with the most recently one played at the top of the list. Nice. :-)

But switching between My Table and Other Tables always loses the scroll position in the list, and re-focuses / scrolls to the bottom of the list. :-(

First prize would be to remember the board / item the user is viewing, and when switching MyTable / OtherTables to get the focus back to where it was.
Second prize would be to rather put it at the top of the list - most recent hand, rather than on the oldest hand.

This nuisance will be fixed in the next BBO update (sometime this week).

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-April-11, 14:01

View Postdiana_eva, on 2023-April-10, 01:27, said:

This nuisance will be fixed in the next BBO update (sometime this week).

BBO was upgraded this morning, and includes a series of bug fixes and improvements to scroll bars, board selection, and generally navigating results in History.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-April-12, 14:48

View Postdiana_eva, on 2023-April-11, 14:01, said:

BBO was upgraded this morning, and includes a series of bug fixes and improvements to scroll bars, board selection, and generally navigating results in History.

I just tried navigating History after completing play in a tournament.
That tournament was not listed in Recent Tournaments (it had not finished, but maybe it could be shown as such) and Last Hands did not show the last hands of that tournament.
Now a few minutes later Last Hands is correct and the finished tournament shows at the top of Recent Tournaments, but says "Could not access results".
Some work still to do :)

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-April-13, 02:03

View Postpescetom, on 2023-April-12, 14:48, said:

I just tried navigating History after completing play in a tournament.
That tournament was not listed in Recent Tournaments (it had not finished, but maybe it could be shown as such) and Last Hands did not show the last hands of that tournament.
Now a few minutes later Last Hands is correct and the finished tournament shows at the top of Recent Tournaments, but says "Could not access results".
Some work still to do :)

Those types of delays and errors are usually related to the processing of final results and sending them to myhands, not with the app display (ie, if you accessed those scores straight from the leaderboard URL it would still give an error). There's a window of about 20 mins after each game completes when results are computed, hands are sent to myhands, adjustments are processed (if applicable) and during this interval there may be "unavailable, try again later" type of errors.

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-April-13, 06:26

View Postdiana_eva, on 2023-April-13, 02:03, said:

Those types of delays and errors are usually related to the processing of final results and sending them to myhands, not with the app display (ie, if you accessed those scores straight from the leaderboard URL it would still give an error). There's a window of about 20 mins after each game completes when results are computed, hands are sent to myhands, adjustments are processed (if applicable) and during this interval there may be "unavailable, try again later" type of errors.

Sure. I was just suggesting that maybe the UI could do a better job of making all this clear to new users, by assigning and updating a status to recent tournaments and by specifying at what time access will become possible. But it's not a significant problem, agreed.

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-April-13, 15:33

View Postpescetom, on 2023-April-13, 06:26, said:

Sure. I was just suggesting that maybe the UI could do a better job of making all this clear to new users, by assigning and updating a status to recent tournaments and by specifying at what time access will become possible. But it's not a significant problem, agreed.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply it's not a problem. I meant it's an error from myhands (while this thread is about a GUI bug). Indeed, the interface could play nice and print something more informative for that case.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users