BBO Discussion Forums: Individuals should be labeled as speedball - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Individuals should be labeled as speedball

#1 User is offline   donnamf 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-November-08, 17:02

Often the pace in individual games is glacial. BBO should label these games as speedball and penalize the slow players instead of penalizing everyone else who lose the opportunity to play all three boards in a round.

#2 User is offline   Huibertus 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-November-09, 07:54

Next step, in individuals, you get a decent score when your partner declares an NT contract and fails to cash his a number of high card and gives the lead to the opps who's hands are also high instead?

It's a partnerships game, even when it's an individual tournament. Who knows partner may need his time as for some reason you created a problem on the board by misleading him... Who's the judge in that case?

#3 User is offline   donnamf 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-November-09, 10:27

View PostHuibertus, on 2021-November-09, 07:54, said:

Next step, in individuals, you get a decent score when your partner declares an NT contract and fails to cash his a number of high card and gives the lead to the opps who's hands are also high instead?

It's a partnerships game, even when it's an individual tournament. Who knows partner may need his time as for some reason you created a problem on the board by misleading him... Who's the judge in that case?

Maybe my post wasn’t clear. I’m not worried about scoring or I wouldn’t be playing in an individual at all. I understand it when I get burned or burn myself. But you get less than 15 minutes for three boards. Call it speedball and players might pay more attention to the clock and we can get all three boards in. Forget the penalizing. That was a side issue, and I don’t see what BBO could do to enforce it anyway. It IS speedball so call it that.

#4 User is offline   Huibertus 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-November-09, 12:43

View Postdonnamf, on 2021-November-09, 10:27, said:

Maybe my post wasn’t clear. I’m not worried about scoring or I wouldn’t be playing in an individual at all. I understand it when I get burned or burn myself. But you get less than 15 minutes for three boards. Call it speedball and players might pay more attention to the clock and we can get all three boards in. Forget the penalizing. That was a side issue, and I don’t see what BBO could do to enforce it anyway. It IS speedball so call it that.

Fair enough, I did indeed not get it. I know 7 minutes is standard in real life, so yes maybe it is a bit speedy, personally I wouldn't call 5 mins speedball, but ok.

#5 User is offline   donnamf 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-November-09, 21:03

View PostHuibertus, on 2021-November-09, 12:43, said:

Fair enough, I did indeed not get it. I know 7 minutes is standard in real life, so yes maybe it is a bit speedy, personally I wouldn't call 5 mins speedball, but ok.

Cool. Try it sometime if you haven’t. ;)

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-November-27, 08:52

The pace of the game is in the detailed description. Yes, it's the same time limit as Speedballs, but there's only so much room in the title of the tournament.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users