BBO Discussion Forums: Question about Simplified Precision - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about Simplified Precision

#21 User is offline   PrecisionL 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Diamond LM (6700+ MP)
    God
    Family
    Counseling
    Bridge

Posted 2021-January-21, 11:27

Good advice from mycroft! Find 3 other players in your community and learn together so you have a source of partners. I taught SMP on BIL for a few months several years ago and we simplified the 2 opening to 6cds and No 4cd major. The 1 opening will be frequent, so practice that opening and responses and develop detailed notes.

I recommend you buy Precision Today and decide which treatments fit your style and experience. You don't need all the asking bids if you are playing mostly pairs. Eventually move into Transfer Precision as that is the version most serious Strong Club players prefer with asking bids. Practice, Practice, Practice. Develop good methods for interference. I recommend transfers as Benito said Distribution is King!

Good Luck.

P.S. Do not play 1 - 1 = 8-11 any distribution. Remember that Distribution is King.
Ultra Relay: see Daniel's web page: https://bridgewithda...19/07/Ultra.pdf
C3: Copious Canape Club is still my favorite system. (Ultra upgraded, PM for notes)

Santa Fe Precision published 8/19. TOP3 published 11/20. Magic experiment (Science Modernized) with Lenzo. 2020: Jan Eric Larsson's Cottontail . 2020. BFUN (Bridge For the UNbalanced) 2021: Weiss Simplified (Canape & Relay). 2022: Canary Modernized, 2023-4: KOK Canape.

#22 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-21, 14:08

akwoo, on 2021-January-20, 20:30, said:

There is no community of not-advanced players in North America that play Precision. (Occasionally, a partnership of not-advanced players decides to pick it up.) I have heard that it might be a standard system in Taiwan, but you'd have to learn Mandarin and maybe Taiwanese as well.

A friend of mine and sometime partner spent a few years in Taiwan a while back (her husband's company sent him there). When she came back I asked her if she'd learned Precision. Nope. It is pretty much standard in Taiwan, but she doesn't speak any Chinese dialect and didn't want to have to learn Precision. So she found a bridge club in the American ex-pat community where 2/1 was the "standard", and played there quite happily, ignoring Precision pretty much completely.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#23 User is offline   PrecisionL 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Diamond LM (6700+ MP)
    God
    Family
    Counseling
    Bridge

Posted 2021-January-21, 16:13

When I played Bridge in Milan, Italy years ago I asked for a Blue Team Club partner. There were none! I ended up playing Precision with my wife. :)
Ultra Relay: see Daniel's web page: https://bridgewithda...19/07/Ultra.pdf
C3: Copious Canape Club is still my favorite system. (Ultra upgraded, PM for notes)

Santa Fe Precision published 8/19. TOP3 published 11/20. Magic experiment (Science Modernized) with Lenzo. 2020: Jan Eric Larsson's Cottontail . 2020. BFUN (Bridge For the UNbalanced) 2021: Weiss Simplified (Canape & Relay). 2022: Canary Modernized, 2023-4: KOK Canape.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users