Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hand Records - Points What are they

#1 User is offline   jeb1248 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-November-28, 17:38

I haven't been using BBO for very long, but in looking at the Hand Records for any days on which I played a number of hands with friends, I see two column: Points and Score. At first I assumed that the Points column would be the Rubber Bridge score for that hand. Upon further inspection I found that was not the case. How could the first hand, bid 2♦, made 3, earn a point score of 110? Shouldn't that be a total of 60 points, 40 below the line and 20 above? Obviously, then, it's not Rubber Bridge scoring. What is it? I've Googled and looked everywhere on BBO for the answer but it evades me. Also, I assumed that the Score column is a Duplicate Bridge score for the play of the hand. Is this correct? Thank you for your attention.

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-28, 18:28

When playing duplicate, since the scoring is not cumulative, a 50 point bonus is added for making a partscore, and a game bonus (300 nv, 500 v) is also counted immediately; the only other difference is that there are no points for honors.

Yes, the score is a duplicate score.

#3 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-29, 04:02

View Postsmerriman, on 2020-November-28, 18:28, said:

When playing duplicate, since the scoring is not cumulative, a 50 point bonus is added for making a partscore, and a game bonus (300 nv, 500 v) is also counted immediately; the only other difference is that there are no points for honors.

Yes, the score is a duplicate score.

It is like scoring in rubber bridge if you had abandoned the rubber after playing just one hand.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users