Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

repeat hands

#1 User is offline   marty9947 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-17, 05:00

Recently during casual games we have noticed hands which seem to be repeated within a short period of time. Is there an algorithm or mechanism that selects deals and how does ot work. Is it possible to get the same deals within a few days?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-17, 05:58

View Postmarty9947, on 2020-May-17, 05:00, said:

Recently during casual games we have noticed hands which seem to be repeated within a short period of time. Is there an algorithm or mechanism that selects deals and how does ot work. Is it possible to get the same deals within a few days?

This is a claim frequently made but no-one has been able to show two identical hands to date despite the availability of all the hands they've played.

So no-one will believe you that the same deals will appear, mainly because no-one believes BBO would still have a bug in this area after so long. It is not impossible but I'm betting on the fallibility of human memory.

If BBO had not reset the myhands database (http://www.bridgebase.com/myhands) I'd ask you to prove this. However if you think it happens again then look and check.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   mga010 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-November-21, 04:18

Hands DO repeat. I have to give up playing BBO for a while because of this. It's terrible. Last time I saw three consecutive hands before. Actually, I have to admit that sometimes repeat my mistakes too. But that is another story.

#4 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-November-21, 04:29

Randomly generated hands do not repeat. Hosts do, however, have the option to set the deals to come from Vugraph archives so you can compare yourself against expert partnerships. It's certainly possible to play these multiple times.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users