BBO Discussion Forums: Redo - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redo As host where do I press to allow a redo?

#1 User is offline   Ch7612mb 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-11, 06:36

As host which do I have to press to allow a player a redo?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-11, 06:54

If a player requests an Undo, both opponents must grant the request to permit it. It has nothing to do with the host at a regular table.

For tournaments and team matches, the host has the opportunity to permit or deny Undos on a global basis.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   armant2k 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-01, 18:59

I frequently start a Teaching Table and use Deal Source rules to limit EW robots to present my wife who is learning basic conventions (Stayman, Transfers, Blackwood) with teachable hands. But I am unable to Undo (screen shows 'Undo Accepted' but nothing is undone), while my wife (who was invited to my table) can Undo her bids and tricks.

I have the 'Crown', I am the Host, I control showing hands, etc, but cannot Undo. What is going on here?

This severely hinders a teacher's ability to discuss and show students different lines of play (e.g. when to draw trump, holding up, taking finesses, preserving communications, etc)

BTW, I know I can reload the same hand to the table from History after the 13th trick, but that is a poor substitute for rewinding 1 or 2 tricks and playing out a different line. Even if you simply want to play the hand over from the start, you need to painstakingly bid exactly the same as the first time played or the robots will change their opening lead.

Please don't suggest sitting in 3 seats - that does not address the fact that Undo should be controlled by the Teacher, not the Student.

#4 User is offline   armantt2k 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-27, 10:19

My question was with specific regard to the Teaching Table, not games or tournaments.

Here's the scenario:

I start a Teaching Table.
I invite a (human) student to sit and play as my partner.
They accept the invite and are seated.
I put robots in the opposition seats.

After we bid and play a few tricks, the student chooses an inferior line of play.
I want to undo the last few cards or trick(s) played so that I can show them the correct line of play, but ...

I cannot undo - when I click on 'undo', we see a message that "undo is accepted" but nothing is undone!

If the student clicks 'undo', the cards are 'unplayed' - put back into the hands.

I am the Teacher yet the student has control of the 'undo'.

This makes no sense - the Teacher should be in control!

#5 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-March-05, 20:21

I don't have that problem with the Bidding table - try that?

#6 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-06, 16:52

I see the same bug. It's very annoying. I don't think moving to a bidding table is a solution.
It would be great if the PTB's could acknowledge the existence of this flaw so that we don't have to keep posting about it.
Non legit hoc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users