Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tournament director correction board results

#1 User is offline   Folgore54 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-11, 00:26

Hello everyone. I recently started playing the role of TD in private tournaments, I was asked to correct the final results of the board played but I am unable to intervene. Where can I find the instructions ?, can someone explain to me what AVE, AVE or AVe + means, AVE and so on.

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-11, 01:01

View PostFolgore54, on 2020-April-11, 00:26, said:

Hello everyone. I recently started playing the role of TD in private tournaments, I was asked to correct the final results of the board played but I am unable to intervene. Where can I find the instructions ?, can someone explain to me what AVE, AVE or AVe + means, AVE and so on.

You can modify the score at a table using the Adjust Score menu item on the running tournament in the Director tab.

However if you've never heard of AVE, AVE+, AVE- and the relative balance of these then it is debatable whether you should be making corrections except with the help of a qualified director or laws expert. You can then adjust the score as they suggest.

AVE (AVE=) means that the pair scores 50% or 0 IMP
AVE+ means that the pair scores 60% or +3 IMP (it might actually be +2, never used it myself in an imp event)
AVE- means that the pair scores 40% or -3 IMP

Both pairs at the table can score differently, which is why there are so many options. Of course many corrections just adjust the board score. So if they were too slow and moved when about to make two diamonds, their score will be A== and you can just adjust to 2D making.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   Folgore54 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-17, 02:06

Grazie per la puntuale risposta

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users