BBO Discussion Forums: Include List for restricted tournament not working? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Include List for restricted tournament not working?

#1 User is offline   paynterf 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-18, 18:09

I'm brand new to BBO TD'ing.

I set up my first experimental tournament and tried to restrict it to an "Include List" I created using BBO usernames for my local area (Central Ohio Bridge Association, COBA). Unfortunately, as the time for the tournament got closer, I started getting reports that players could not register (getting the "Blocked...." message) even though I could clearly see their names on the Include List.

Any idea what I was doing wrong here?

TIA,

Frank

#2 User is offline   tsankaR 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-March-18, 21:51

View Postpaynterf, on 2020-March-18, 18:09, said:

I set up my first experimental tournament and tried to restrict it to an "Include List" I created using BBO usernames for my local area (Central Ohio Bridge Association, COBA). Unfortunately, as the time for the tournament got closer, I started getting reports that players could not register (getting the "Blocked...." message) even though I could clearly see their names on the Include List.

TIA,

Frank

click the check box above the include list, that is include player of my private club and uncheck immediately and save it. It should work

#3 User is offline   SixOfWands 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-March-26, 13:45

View PosttsankaR, on 2020-March-18, 21:51, said:

click the check box above the include list, that is include player of my private club and uncheck immediately and save it. It should work

This approach does not work, I tried it and it just lets anyone in.

Any other ideas?

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-26, 14:29

View PostSixOfWands, on 2020-March-26, 13:45, said:

This approach does not work, I tried it and it just lets anyone in.

Any other ideas?

I found that there is leakage if there are other options selected, in our case national IP. I set both so that I could open up the tournament if the restricted list did not fill it, but the effect was that I had people signing in who met the IP criteria but were not on the restricted list. I removed national IP and the restricted list now worked as promised.

Another important documentation bug I found is that the "Maximum n...." field of the Entries tab does not define number of tables as written but number of pairs, at least for a pairs tournament.

#5 User is offline   Sir John D 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-April-07, 11:35

I do three things to organise my tournament and they may help you, too

1 I FOLLOW the User

2 I add the User to the Custom List connected to making my tournaments

3 After I add a User to the Custom List, I do something to modify the tournament. For example, I choose to add a minute to my starting time and then I modify the tournament. This seems to update everything and the BBO computer then recognises the new User that has been added to the Custom List.

I hope this helps you. Plus, of course I limit the tournament to those that are included on my list of Friends and on the Custom List.

Keep safe

#6 User is offline   biometrics 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Statistics , Quantitative Research, Bridge, Reading Crime stories & thrillers

Posted 2020-April-09, 23:50

View Postpaynterf, on 2020-March-18, 18:09, said:

TIA,

Frank

As mentioned above, the most important thing is to MODIFY your tournament after changing your include list. You don´t even have to change anything. Just after adding new members to your include list, open your Tournament and click Modify. That works even 1 minute before your tournament starts.

#7 User is offline   Sir John D 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-April-20, 11:05

View Postbiometrics, on 2020-April-09, 23:50, said:

As mentioned above, the most important thing is to MODIFY your tournament after changing your include list. You don´t even have to change anything. Just after adding new members to your include list, open your Tournament and click Modify. That works even 1 minute before your tournament starts.

That's useful to know - will save me worrying about the extra minute!

#8 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-20, 16:01

In very busy times, changing the include list and modifying the tournament to reflect the change can be slower. So a little patience is required at what is generally a stressful point in the process just before game time.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users