BBO Discussion Forums: non-Americans competing for ACBL points ??? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

non-Americans competing for ACBL points ???

#21 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-November-13, 11:00

View Postbarmar, on 2019-November-13, 10:48, said:

I guess you're interpreting the use of "another" to imply this. I suspect they didn't choose their words so carefully. They probably didn't mean this in the same way the WBF uses the term NBO to mean the organizations that send representatives to international comments, but in a more generic sense of bridge leagues that organize play within specific countries.

Exactly, "another" rather than "an" suggests that they consider themselves one. But it was probably just careless wording, I agree. Just as the similarity to a question once posed by the House Committee on Un-American Activities is undoubtedly a sheer accident B-)

#22 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-November-13, 18:10

View PostGerardo, on 2019-November-12, 14:01, said:

Bermuda left the Zone 2, joined Zone 5, Central America and Caribbean.

Very wise. Guadalupe played in the last Bermuda Bowl.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#23 User is offline   Povratnik 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-November-13, 22:05

View Poststeve2005, on 2019-November-09, 20:02, said:

Of course they can BBO ACBL tournaments are open to all.
Of course without an ACBL number the points won't get registered.

As an exception, I believe the upcoming NABC Robot individual tournament only ACBL members are allowed to register.

The formulation of my question turned out to be inadequate, probably because it was based on that exception. Before I managed to ask more properly, diana_eva has properly answered (thanks ).
After that, I went to ACBL website and started reading... I've been thinking and decided to discuss a bit here, before I write to them. It's an internet forum, after all...

But before I go deeper into the issue, just a short inquiry:

View Poststeve2005, on 2019-November-09, 20:02, said:

Of course without an ACBL number the points won't get registered.

Won't get registered in ACBL, or at all?

I mean, if somebody plays ACBL Masterpoint Tournaments on BBO (and earns some points), without having (or without reporting) their ACBL number - the ACBL database of course will know nothing about that points. But BBO CAN keep the internal record about that player's "ACBL points" (separate from general balance which records all player's masterpoints earned on BBO). And that "ACBL points" balance CAN be visible in player's profile.

Does BBO do that?
Alien in the XXI century, arrived by time machine

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-November-13, 23:02

View PostPovratnik, on 2019-November-13, 22:05, said:

The formulation of my question turned out to be inadequate, probably because it was based on that exception. Before I managed to ask more properly, diana_eva has properly answered (thanks ).
After that, I went to ACBL website and started reading... I've been thinking and decided to discuss a bit here, before I write to them. It's an internet forum, after all...

But before I go deeper into the issue, just a short inquiry:

I mean, if somebody plays ACBL Masterpoint Tournaments on BBO (and earns some points), without having (or without reporting) their ACBL number - the ACBL database of course will know nothing about that points. But BBO CAN keep the internal record about that player's "ACBL points" (separate from general balance which records all player's masterpoints earned on BBO). And that "ACBL points" balance CAN be visible in player's profile.

Does BBO do that?

If you are concerned about this, maybe you should just join the ACBL.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#25 User is offline   Povratnik 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-November-14, 14:25

View PostVampyr, on 2019-November-13, 23:02, said:

If you are concerned about this, maybe you should just join the ACBL.

Not concerned, just interested.
I will join ACBL, in appropriate moment. Now I am trying to collect some information...

#26 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-November-14, 15:03

View PostPovratnik, on 2019-November-13, 22:05, said:

Does BBO do that?

When you play in ACBL tournaments on BBO, we award BBO points whether or not you're an ACBL member.

If you're an ACBL member, we send these points to ACBL at the end of the month. If you're not, we save your history, so if you ever join ACBL we'll send all your old points to them.

#27 User is offline   Povratnik 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-November-14, 16:47

View Postbarmar, on 2019-November-14, 15:03, said:

When you play in ACBL tournaments on BBO, we award BBO points whether or not you're an ACBL member.

If you're an ACBL member, we send these points to ACBL at the end of the month. If you're not, we save your history, so if you ever join ACBL we'll send all your old points to them.

That's exactly what I hoped to hear :). Don't need further information at the time. Cheers!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users