BBO Discussion Forums: Why are players now posting in the Kibbitzers dialog? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why are players now posting in the Kibbitzers dialog?

#1 User is offline   LCarey13 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-06, 20:13

Used to be, kibbitzers could discuss bids and play without interfering with the play of the players game.

In the last week or so, I'm seeing players try to talk to each other as kibbitzers. So they're not even communicating with each other, AND the kibbitzers can't communicate because it would spoil the game.

What's happened differently?

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-06, 20:45

Are you sure something has changed? It has always been the case that players can choose where to direct their chat via the button at the bottom (to opponents, to table, or to kibitzers).

It's likely they've just selected 'to kibitzers' by accident, so only kibitzers will see their chat. It can often default to this, depending on how you joined / set up the table.

And kibitzers can still communicate to each other privately without the players seeing it. (If the table has the option set to allow kibitzers to chat with players, they have the choice of where to direct comments as well).

#3 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-December-07, 03:37

No idea, but recently I accidentally found myself talking to the kibitz having just dropped into the table to play a hand. I hadnit pressed the UI button to switch to Table :)

Needless to say I did the right thing and left the table without even bidding ;)

Not that anything untoward had or was happening. I just didnt like what was going on - and that everyone at the table ignored my introduction, pleasnatries, questions about bidding systems whether they wre directed at the kibitz or the table :(

In fact, while I'm here, I would like to ask who the people are at these tables who don't understand the basic ettiquette of the game, and also why, despite many attempts, every time I tried to go to an interesting table I ended up at the same one

An example of a more enjoyable interaction and hand

Dropped in to a random table - people I didnt know, a few words of hello, a quick eht system are we playing, a quick basic SAYC is that ok, and on you go etc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users