• You cannot reply to this topic

lucky occurences

#1 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2020-September-06, 15:31

Hi all,
Just wanted to say I was fortunate enough to come upon some cheaters in October 2019 in a random room, and I reported them and gave 10 sample hands that most demonstrate the cheating. Just today almost a year later I randomly noticed some likely cheating, did the research, reported the hands, and then the names seemed familiar. Indeed, same pair! How many times before they are banned?

Thanks,
Dan

#2 User is offline   MP7601 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-07, 03:54

Could you describe what happened in the sample hands, or even post some links, so we could protect ourselves and other BBO users when we encounter similar cheating?

#3 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2020-September-08, 08:40

Abuse@ will forward the new report, just as most reports, to the BBO Ethics department.

To catch cheaters, look for weird bids. Note the names of the players. Later when you have time, use myhands website to look at their last few weeks. If cheating, it should be apparent clicking through the hands. Hands to report are not hands that they might have gotten lucky on were they just bad players or taken a stance. Look for the really weird ones that they do ok or well on.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users