BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1098 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#4641 User is offline   jogs 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:student of the game

Posted 2017-February-07, 19:25

http://www.vox.com/2...ent-trump-visit

House of Commons Speaker John Bercow has labelled Trump a racist and sexist.
So why is Bercow silent when thousands of English young women have been raped by Pakistanic Muslims? Also why has the British media shoved this story under the rug?

#4642 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2017-February-07, 23:17

“I’ve been in this town for 26 years. I have never seen anything like this,” said Eliot Cohen, a senior State Department official under President George W. Bush and a member of his National Security Council. “I genuinely do not think this is a mentally healthy president.”

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

#4643 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2017-February-08, 00:45

View Postjogs, on 2017-February-07, 19:25, said:

So why is Bercow silent when thousands of English young women have been raped by Pakistanic Muslims? Also why has the British media shoved this story under the rug?

Hmmmm. I note that your post implies that you agree that trump is a racist and sexist. Maybe your powers of perception are improving. No, wait a minute. I suspect that you simply don't know how to write well. Lol.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#4644 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-February-08, 04:15

Perhaps the statistic is not true...

Perhaps the statistic is true, however, this is figure is not disproportionate...

Perhaps this topic is only being introduced in an attempt to distract from an inconvenient truth...
Alderaan delenda est

#4645 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2017-February-08, 04:30

Oh yes what a cover-up :blink: :lol:
Speaker Bercow: Trump should not speak in Parliament
Speaker John Bercow defends his comments on Donald Trump

As for the other reference, do you mean Rotherham, where up to 1400 children were exploited resulting in the conviction of 8 men for child sex abuse in a well-publicised trial, along with 2 others in a previous case. That was obviously a dark episode and the police reaction was, to the say the least, poor.

Other cases featuring Muslim men came in Rochdale, Oxford, Derby, Telford, Aylesbury, Banbury, Bristol, Halifax, Keighley and Peterborough, so it is certainly an issue to be taken seriously and indeed the list of cases since Rotherham broke shows that the police are now not only taking the issue seriously but also being successful in infiltrating and gathering intelligence.

It would however be wrong to suggest that child abuse is a Muslim problem though, even when the cases above have received the most media attention outside of Jimmy Savile, with other trafficking rings to be found in Plymouth, Westminster, Belfast, North Wales, Nottingham, Manchester, Islington and, most recently, nationally.

If you really do mean the rape of thousands of women rather than child abuse then I am not sure which case you mean. As I am not in the UK any more I do not get to follow every story so perhaps you can provide some links. On the Rotherham case itself, what do you expect Parliament to do? They made a major enquiry into the incident, the Jay Report, and followed that up with further witnesses and reports. I am quite sure John Bercow is not going to allow any of the convicted men to speak before the House of Commons any time soon either. So what exactly is your point?
(-: Zel :-)

#4646 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-08, 15:13

Wasn't there this little scandal in the Judeo-Christian tradition, involving a few priests in a handful of countries who had been sexually abusing a few kids for a few years? In that little case the numbers are a little higher than "thousands".

So, from your Judeo-Christian perspective, which has sexual abuse in its core, I wouldn't want to point out that there are rapists among Muslims. It sounds so Matthew 7: 3-5.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#4647 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-08, 15:17

And don't forget that according to an -admittedly unreliable, but your favorite- source, those Christian Mexicans are also rapists.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#4648 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2017-February-08, 15:52

View PostZelandakh, on 2017-February-08, 04:30, said:

Oh yes what a cover-up :blink: :lol:
Speaker Bercow: Trump should not speak in Parliament
Speaker John Bercow defends his comments on Donald Trump

As for the other reference, do you mean Rotherham, where up to 1400 children were exploited resulting in the conviction of 8 men for child sex abuse in a well-publicised trial, along with 2 others in a previous case. That was obviously a dark episode and the police reaction was, to the say the least, poor.

Other cases featuring Muslim men came in Rochdale, Oxford, Derby, Telford, Aylesbury, Banbury, Bristol, Halifax, Keighley and Peterborough, so it is certainly an issue to be taken seriously and indeed the list of cases since Rotherham broke shows that the police are now not only taking the issue seriously but also being successful in infiltrating and gathering intelligence.

It would however be wrong to suggest that child abuse is a Muslim problem though, even when the cases above have received the most media attention outside of Jimmy Savile, with other trafficking rings to be found in Plymouth, Westminster, Belfast, North Wales, Nottingham, Manchester, Islington and, most recently, nationally.

If you really do mean the rape of thousands of women rather than child abuse then I am not sure which case you mean. As I am not in the UK any more I do not get to follow every story so perhaps you can provide some links. On the Rotherham case itself, what do you expect Parliament to do? They made a major enquiry into the incident, the Jay Report, and followed that up with further witnesses and reports. I am quite sure John Bercow is not going to allow any of the convicted men to speak before the House of Commons any time soon either. So what exactly is your point?

Note Rochdale also had a white perp issue with the late MP there Sir Cyril Smith

#4649 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-February-09, 09:57

View PostPassedOut, on 2017-February-07, 17:55, said:

It almost seems as though Putin holds something over Trump to keep him in line. Something is going on there.

This is troubling:

According to reports, top senior advisers in the Trump administration are asking and inquiring about Polish incursions into Belarus.... The only place one would get those ideas are from fake Russian news.

Something to keep an eye on is a tweet or comment based on Russian propaganda that supports Russia.

#4650 User is offline   jogs 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:student of the game

Posted 2017-February-09, 10:10

http://www.zerohedge...-computer-syste

The Awan brothers hacked the computers, not the Russians.

#4651 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2017-February-09, 10:36

View Postjogs, on 2017-February-09, 10:10, said:

Have you ever studied logic, in any way at all?

Let's see if we can sum up what passes for reasoning for you.

1. WikiLeaks releases thousands of emails said to have been hacked from the DNC computers

2. The entire US Intelligence community investigates and concludes that the Russians were behind the hacking that led to WikiLeaks having the DNC emails

3. Civilian IT employees working for Congress are fired for making numerous unauthorized intrusions into multiple congressional computer accounts and for physically stealing equipment.

4. It fits your biases to assert, based on the above, that the fired IT workers weren't just run-of-the-mill crooks but were instead the people who hacked the DNC and provided the results to WikiLeaks. So you make that assertion.

It's like investigating a bank robbery, where the police have video of the get-away vehicle, and descriptions of the robbers and have put out a bulletin naming the suspects and then we learn that a day later, across town, some different people robbed a convenience store. You'd have as much basis for asserting that those convenience store robbers were the bank robbers as you do for asserting that the Awan brothers hacked the DNC.

But, as you have so often demonstrated, critical thinking is not your strong suit. Not sure what is, but we know what isn't.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#4652 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-February-09, 11:35

View Postjogs, on 2017-February-09, 10:10, said:

As a suggestion, you might consider instead of trying to validate a belief to look for valid information that allows you to validate or invalidate the proposition you assume to be true.

This is pretty much the tack I took with your claims about California illegal voters, an issue I note you have since abandoned. Nevertheless, I persist in my attempt to look for reliable information that either satisfies as proof or disproves my own positions. Note I did not simply challenge your assumptions but went to the source - the California state websites - to help determine if your assertions had merit. If they did, I would be willing to change my mind. What I found showed your analysis to be wrong. There is no reason to suspect widespread voter fraud in California from illegal immigrants.

Your link does not meet criteria. Zerohedge.com is not a reliable source of information. But if your goal is simply to re-enforce your own beliefs then by all means continue your present course. If not, then you will have to dig deeper.

It says a lot about your bias, does it not, to try to invalidate the findings of the entire U.S. intelligence community by quoting an internet website run by 3 guys who won't even share their names?

Perhaps next you can tell us about the Polish invasion of Belarus.

#4653 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-February-09, 13:16

While watching the WH briefing, it struck me how defensive and confrontational was the tone of the exchanges. It reminded me greatly of the Nixon WH toward the end of his presidency.

#4654 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2017-February-09, 15:20

Looks as if Cory Booker of Jersey is running for President.
Expect to see him popping up more on tv attacking Trump.
Expect to see him take a much more pro teachers union position from once was a strong charter school advocate.

#4655 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-February-09, 15:37

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-February-09, 11:35, said:

As a suggestion, you might consider instead of trying to validate a belief to look for valid information that allows you to validate or invalidate the proposition you assume to be true.

Both you and MikeH are making the mistake that jogs is trying engaging in a traditional debate.

He's not. He's doing a classic gish gallop.

He throws out a bullshit claim.
You waste time refuting it.
Jogs turns around and throws out another bullshit claim on a complete different topic.

Looks at the last five things that he has claimed

1. "The Awan brothers hacked the computers, not the Russians. "
2. "So why is Bercow silent when thousands of English young women have been raped by Pakistanic Muslims? Also why has the British media shoved this story under the rug? "
3. "Illegal immigrants do have 'valid' social security cards."
4. "Aside from Fox News all TV and print media is left-wing in America."
5. "Clinton won California by 3.4 million. Over 3 million illegals have driver's license. No proof of citizenship is needed to register to vote in California."

This is not a sane mind, nor is it an individual the one can reason with.
Stop pretending that he is and stop treating him with any respect...
Alderaan delenda est

#4656 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2017-February-09, 15:40

Regarding the media shoving the story under the rug. The really big scandal, ongoing scandal around the world including Europe, Asia and the USA is the lack of prosecutions and jail time for the men raping young children.

You read about the pimps getting arrested but seldom about the customers getting jail time.

--------------------------------

"As for the other reference, do you mean Rotherham, where up to 1400 children were exploited resulting in the conviction of 8 men for child sex abuse in a well-publicised trial, along with 2 others in a previous case. That was obviously a dark episode and the police reaction was, to the say the least, poor......."

hmmm how many customers went to jail for 1400 children???

#4657 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-February-09, 16:35

View Posthrothgar, on 2017-February-09, 15:37, said:

Both you and MikeH are making the mistake that jogs is trying engaging in a traditional debate.

He's not. He's doing a classic gish gallop.

He throws out a bullshit claim.
You waste time refuting it.
Jogs turns around and throws out another bullshit claim on a complete different topic.

Looks at the last five things that he has claimed

1. "The Awan brothers hacked the computers, not the Russians. "
2. "So why is Bercow silent when thousands of English young women have been raped by Pakistanic Muslims? Also why has the British media shoved this story under the rug? "
3. "Illegal immigrants do have 'valid' social security cards."
4. "Aside from Fox News all TV and print media is left-wing in America."
5. "Clinton won California by 3.4 million. Over 3 million illegals have driver's license. No proof of citizenship is needed to register to vote in California."

This is not a sane mind, nor is it an individual the one can reason with.
Stop pretending that he is and stop treating him with any respect...

I thought he was auditioning for Kellyann Conway's job. B-)

#4658 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-February-09, 16:37

Richard nailed it!

That guy is dropping piles of BS and does not even read the replies to it. He just drops another one.
But I am kinda happy that you guys keeping him busy in WC, because his comments about bridge topics are even worse.Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4659 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2017-February-10, 05:00

View PostMrAce, on 2017-February-09, 16:37, said:

his comments about bridge topics are even worse.

Not to mention his comments about statistics, lol. I have had him on ignore from long time before he started writing about politics.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#4660 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-February-10, 05:46

View Posthelene_t, on 2017-February-10, 05:00, said:

Not to mention his comments about statistics, lol. I have had him on ignore from long time before he started writing about politics.

I must have suppressed his contributions in this area...

Can you point some of them out?
Alderaan delenda est

• 1098 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

375 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 375 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook,
  2. Google