Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

setting tourneys

#1 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-01, 09:56

I arrived this morning to run a tourney that I had set last night and found it had not only been cancelled but I could not re set it because I had too many tourneys pending. Since there was only one other tourney planned for today, this seemed bizarre. Last week a tourney disappeared, not one I had set, and I thought the director must have only thought she had set it. I most certainly hadn't cancelled anything, in fact I had set the tourney for her that morning after waiting for her to set it so I could announce the tourney number in the daily announcements. I have no idea how/why either of these tourneys disappeared.

It turns out that BBO has set up a system that people can set their tourneys for weeks ahead but that all the tourneys in a week are added up to the total allowed for the week. It's only recently we have found directors to help us run tourneys and they are happy to be able to preset for, say Saturday evenings for weeks at a time. It would seem very sensible, but it's now causing us all sorts of problems.

Why set up a system that punishes people if they use it? I can understand having a daily limit for tourneys, but why should a tourney set for Saturday night mean I cannot run one on Monday morning unless I cancel the one on Saturday? It's a bit hard to see the point, frankly.

We have to use the same ID so as to restrict the players to club members so it's not as though we have the option to use different IDs. People have occassionally forgotten and set a tourney with their own ID and it's a horror show; getting swamped with runners, screaming for the director and general chaos, they don't forget twice. But here is this perfect system to set and forget and we can't use it, we have to cancel each other's tourneys to run our own, NOT the way to have happy directors. Is there any way around this?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users