• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EBU White Book August 2013 shorter?

#21 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-August-12, 05:31

Like many halls ours is associated with a religious organisation. Apparently they do not need the Internet to communicate with their god.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#22 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-12, 08:52

View Postpaulg, on 2013-August-12, 05:31, said:

Like many halls ours is associated with a religious organisation. Apparently they do not need the Internet to communicate with their god.

And you never felt the urge to inform them how they can increase their band width?

;)

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#23 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-12, 09:21

Both our main venues here are synagogues, both have their own wifi, and both are kind enough to let us use it. :ph34r:
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#24 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-August-12, 23:20

Apparently Roman Catholics do, since the Pope got a Twitter account a few months ago.

#25 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-13, 14:57

View PostTrinidad, on 2013-August-11, 10:13, said:

How do players discuss the results at the end of the evening, if the results have not been published yet?

Is it really so important to discuss results? Recently I went to a very small club, where the travellers are taken home by someone and entered into a computer. So there were no results, but a large group of us were content to discuss the best actions for the various hands, rather than the actions that would have happened to score well on the night.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#26 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-13, 15:21

View PostVampyr, on 2013-August-13, 14:57, said:

Is it really so important to discuss results? Recently I went to a very small club, where the travellers are taken home by someone and entered into a computer. So there were no results, but a large group of us were content to discuss the best actions for the various hands, rather than the actions that would have happened to score well on the night.

Precisely. Hand records, beer and the results become increasingly irrelevant.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users