• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open or not?

#21 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-November-17, 08:26

I would open. But i am aware my choice is very agressive, for some of you probably insane, but whatever, i would really open. Please don't throw eggs on me, i am just honestly saying what i would do with this hand. :)

Opening light has disadvanteges, worst of them is finding a partner who has no fit and not enough hcps to close the gap, but strong enough to drag us too high and perhaps doubled. I am aware of that, but i really think this hand has really good pottential to find a fit. Passing is obviously the normal call on that hand, i am also aware that i am splitting my path from others.

Otoh Rainer was more than fair enough actually, we see almost all 11 hcp 4432 hands opening, let alone 5431. (check the vugraph archives, i am talking about world class top players) So 544 with decent spotr and both majors instead of 4432 worths 2 hcp ? I dunno, but having both majors i am getting in right now.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#22 User is offline   Lord Molyb 

• Slightly less bad player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge

Posted 2012-November-17, 08:52

I would only open that in 3rd or 4th seat, if partner has a 13 point 3-3-4-3 hand you might end up in 3NT -3 on a club lead, and if he has a 16+ point 4-3-1-5 hand he might be looking for slam when the most you can make is 4.
Become yourself.

#23 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-17, 08:55

View PostLord Molyb, on 2012-November-17, 08:52, said:

I would only open that in 3rd or 4th seat, if partner has a 13 point 3-3-4-3 hand you might end up in 3NT -3 on a club lead, and if he has a 16+ point 4-3-1-5 hand he might be looking for slam when the most you can make is 4.

You mean something like that ?

AKQx
Axx
Q
Jxxxx

Just kidding :P
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#24 User is offline   Lord Molyb 

• Slightly less bad player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge

Posted 2012-November-17, 09:11

View PostMrAce, on 2012-November-17, 08:55, said:

You mean something like that ?

AKQx
Axx
Q
Jxxxx

Just kidding :P

I meant to imply wasted values in clubs -_-
Become yourself.

#25 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-November-18, 04:50

never open for that hand in the second seat,but maybe open at the third,only.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users