Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Information from other tables

#1 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2012-September-26, 10:24

At the two tables before you, there have been director calls from the opposition about a hesitation by your side (by which I mean the other North South pairs). Given that both had a rather loud argument, it was impossible not to hear the information given.

You call the director before taking the cards out of the board and inform him that you are aware of this fact. He curtly tells you to ignore the information as best you can for now, and call him back at the end if necessary.

This was your auction. 2D was an inverted raise, but partner forgot. During the play, West discards two clubs so you make 5 diamonds, 4 clubs and a spade for 10 tricks.

Do you adjust the score, or make any rulings here?

#2 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-26, 10:53

Was your only information from the overhear that there were tempo issues at two other tables?

If so, that information does not seem particularly relevant to your sides's questionable bidding choices. Next.

However, if your overhear included information that an aggressive contract was successful, then both your partner's "forget" of inverted minors and your 3NT blast with two small hearts would come into issue.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#3 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-26, 10:55

Re the forgotten inverted raise: North has UI (unexpected alert), but hasn't used it. South has no UI. So nothing wrong.

As for the other UI, you'll have to say what it is. If it was about the play in hearts by EW, for example, then it's irrelevant. But to be honest the auction looks perfectly normal, I don't see any LAs.

ahydra

#4 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-26, 10:59

View Postmr1303, on 2012-September-26, 10:24, said:

Do you adjust the score, or make any rulings here?

No. I'm a player, not a director.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#5 User is offline   c_corgi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-September-26, 11:38

View Postahydra, on 2012-September-26, 10:55, said:

Re the forgotten inverted raise: North has UI (unexpected alert), but hasn't used it. South has no UI. So nothing wrong.

ahydra

South's actions look normal, but North probably had LAs when he bid 3D: he has quite a good hand for a non-inverted raise when partner shows clubs.

#6 User is offline   wyman 

• Redoubling with gusto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Math, Bridge, Beer. Often at the same time.

Posted 2012-September-26, 12:03

View Postaguahombre, on 2012-September-26, 10:53, said:

However, if your overhear included information that an aggressive contract was successful, then both your partner's "forget" of inverted minors and your 3NT blast with two small hearts would come into issue.

Seems like if I hold this 16 and partner makes an inverted raise, the only aggressive contract I'd be worried about is 6D. Surely we're not supposed to stop short of game here. Blasting 3N takes care not to use the UI that an aggressive contract, like 6D, might make.

I also think that putting "forget" in quotes here is a bit dramatic.
"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg

"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other.” -- Hamman, re: Wolff

#7 User is offline   Sjoerds 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:TD

Posted 2012-September-28, 11:35

What was the information you heard (16C)?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users