• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 down, 6 to go another 1NT defense

#1 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2012-June-09, 09:57

Partner is a GIB, so his "signals" don't necessarily mean anything. Your play to trick 3?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-June-09, 10:56

Not a fun hand without signals. :(

Opener will have 13 or 14 hcp for this auction, leaving partner without 4 or 5 hcp. A human playing the 8 would suggest robot has the nine, but GIB plays strangely so either can have the nine, So we are in the dark here other than the point count.

Partners maximum in diamonds seems to be one, In clubs is one, in spades is one. In hearts he can have four (the Ace), or two (the queen) (he can not have both). If this is IMPS, I guess I would play partner for the A and the Jxx and return a low club playing for 2, 3, 1 and the diamond. The reason being if partner lacks the A, he will have the Q, and two or three jacks, and that might not be enough to set it. Of course, the declarer is likely to play me for the Q, so the same defense of returning a club at trick 3 should work if partner has the Q and club jack.

If this is matchpoints, it is a little trickier. i think i still lead a club...
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users