BBO Discussion Forums: SAYC Default in ACBL tourneys - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SAYC Default in ACBL tourneys Psych or No Psych?

#1 User is offline   Lobowolf 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Attorney, writer, entertainer.<br><br>Great close-up magicians we have known: Shoot Ogawa, Whit Haydn, Bill Malone, David Williamson, Dai Vernon, Michael Skinner, Jay Sankey, Brian Gillis, Eddie Fechter, Simon Lovell, Carl Andrews.

Posted 2012-March-15, 01:17

So, if you don't set a card, BBO defaults you to SAYC. You're not supposed to be playing anything else if you don't have a card posted. I've had (multiple times) players deviate (in the extreme) from SAYC, which has to be one of two things - an agreement to play something other than posted SAYC card, or a psych. Or is there a third possibility? When I've raised questions about certain auctions (usually in the last round, when the players in question have left), I've been told, "We have to know what the agreement is." But my question is, isn't the default posted SAYC "the agreement"? What's the point of BBO defaulting people to the SAYC if it there's apparently not even a presumption that that's what they're playing? If you don't post a card, and the system posts SAYC for you, then my take is, until you replace it with a card of your own making, SAYC *is* "the agreement." Am I completely out to lunch here?
1. LSAT tutor for rent.

Call me Desdinova...Eternal Light

C. It's the nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms.

IV: ace 333: pot should be game, idk

e: "Maybe God remembered how cute you were as a carrot."

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-March-15, 01:49

As far as I know this applies to ACBL tourneys only. Other tourneys default to GIB 2/1. Free tourneys ran by volunteers don't have a default CC.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-March-15, 09:55

Even in ACBL tourneys, I think this rule is mostly ignored. There are lots of pick-up partnerships who don't have time to fill in a CC, and as round 1 begins they're often still discussing agreements.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users